This recipe fills 4 hungry stomachs and is ready in less than an hour!
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and chopped.
- 1 Tbsp of Sunflower oil.
- 1-3 garlic cloves (depending on whether you want a nice garlic taste or you only want to spice up the flavour) peeled and finely chopped.
- 750g of lean minced beef.
- 1tsp of dried oregano.
- 1tsp of dried marjoram.
- 400g of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- 300ml of hot beef stock.
- 1tbsp of tomato puree.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Half a glass of red wine (To cook with!)
- Peel and chop your onion and garlic
- Mix the stock cube into freshly boiled water and leave until you need it.
- Add the oil to quite a large pan and heat it on a fairly high heat.
- Add the chopped Onion to the pan and leave to fry for about 3 minutes or until it starts to go translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and minced beef and let them fry until they brown, breaking the beef with the back of your cooking utensil.
- Add the herbs and red wine and leave to cook for about 2 minutes.
- next up, add the beef stock, puree and tomatoes and give it a generous stir.
- season with salt and pepper until you get the desired taste.
- bring to the boil then cover and turn down the heat.
- Leave it to simmer in the pan for 30 minutes occasionally stirring and topping up the seasoning if required.
- Now the bolognese doesn’t require so much of your attention its time to cook the spaghetti!
- Boil a large pan of salted water.
- Leave the spaghetti to cook for the time stated on the packet as every type varies.
- Once cooked, drain the water run lukewarm water through the spaghetti drain again and plate up.
- By now your bolognese should be done to perfection remove from the heat and serve over the top of your spaghetti.
- serve straight away, leave it to cool if ts for youngsters obviously.
It got the thumbs up from my unbelievably fussy daughter, so there you have it, a cheap weekday meal for all you busy mothers out there.