There is nothing I love more than baking, in fact other the past couple of months I’ve seen my love for baking/cooking grow. In the past I have put recipes on here but I have never really made an effort to do them often. However, earlier I was thinking of new and unique things to add to the blog that is when Food Friday came to mind. I am forever cooking or baking so finding new recipes to share with you will not be difficult at all.
To kick off Food Friday I am going to share with you my Blueberry Muffin recipe that is guaranteed perfect results every single time!
Makes:12 Prep: 20 mins,plus cooling Cook: 20 mins
- 280g Plain flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 115g Soft light brown sugar
- 150g Frozen blueberries
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 85g Butter melted and cooled
- 1tsp Vanilla extraact
- Finally grated rind of a lemon.
- Place 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and blueberries.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a jug, then add in the milk, butter vanilla extract and lemon rind and lightly beat together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients from your jug, stir until just combined; don’t over do it.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cases. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until they have risen well and golden brown – if in doubt stick a skewer or knife in the centre of the muffin and if it comes out clean they are good to go.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer wire rack and leave to cool or if you prefer serve them warm with a nice cuppa!
So there you have it, a perfectly quick and easy recipe that is sure to wow your friends and family! If you decide to try this recipe out I would love to know how you get on! Leave a comment below!
Come back next week for a special birthday cake recipe!